Research & Policy Analyst
FTE – Exempt Position
Founded in 2005, OCCORD is a community based, nonprofit organization in Orange County, California. Through organizing, civic engagement, policy research, and advocacy, we work to ensure that local government meets the needs and reflects the priorities of working families and immigrant communities. We fight for good jobs, healthy neighborhoods, and an inclusive democracy for all.
The Research & Policy Analyst’s role spans both research and policy development, as well as general assistance with the organization’s work as needed.
- Gather data through database research, surveys, site visits, case studies, interview, focus groups, observations, etc.
- Analyze economic, political, and demographic data to support OCCORD’s projects and organizing
- Proactively track new and existing development projects and legislation at the local and county level.
- Work with the Executive Director and Sr. Policy and Research Analyst to develop, design, and implement strategies for policy research and campaigns.
- Communicate policy analysis and research findings to a variety of audiences using a variety of mediums.
- Develop policy campaign[s] in Anaheim and Santa Ana around economic justice, land use, and responsible development.
- Produce research reports and policy recommendations
- Frequent interfacing with Anaheim and Santa Ana city staff and other sources of information.
- Interacting with allies and partners in mutual sharing & learning of data and projects that impact workers and communities.
- Make presentations to the community about research findings, gather community concerns/interests and offer all potential options to them.
- Liaise with legal team[s] as and when needed.
- Degree in public policy, urban planning, sociology, or other fields with relevant coursework.
- 2 to 3 years of research and policy development experience
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Ability to analyze qualitative and quantitative data and summarize findings
- Ability to prioritize a variety of tasks, deliverables, and projects
- Experience working within diverse communities and workplaces
- Expertise in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Valid Driver’s License and access to a personal vehicle
- Willing to travel as needed
- Familiarity with Orange County, California
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience and includes excellent health, dental and vision benefits after three months of employment; paid time off; professional development & flexible work hours.
To apply for this position, please provide a current resume or CV, along with a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
OCCORD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.