Welcome potential volunteers! Several times a year OCCORD helps throw large legal workshops to help green card holders convert into citizens! You can be a part of that process too:
Our Citizenship fairs are separated into three types of volunteers: Non-Legal preparers, Legal volunteers, and general aid.
This RSVP is to become a General Aid Volunteer, a volunteer who might fill many roles ranging from being an interpreter to foot-traffic control to being an escort for applicants from one station to the next to being a tabler checking in each applicant. General Aid Volunteers are crucial in that they do all the duties outside of the actual N-400 (citizenship application form) and make sure the applicant is well served.
If you are a lawyer, legally accredited, or are a law student feel free to check out the Legal Volunteer RSVP page.
If you are not interested in being a non-Legal volunteer but wish to work with clients on their forms, please visit the Non-Legal RSVP page.
- 8:00 AM to 1:00 PM
- 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM
- If not already, to be trained beforehand.
- Runner: the go-between for the different stations, keeping the station leads updated
- Traffic Control: Helping the applicants stay in line and find their way. Possibly also helping them with filling out contact info while in line.
- Station Tabler: sitting at a table for a specific duty like check out/in, information table, collecting papers etc.
- Informing applicants of next steps: you will have the info on hand with handouts
- Free Parking is available on campus
- Snack/Lunch will be provided
- Once signed up, please expect our Volunteer Coordinator to follow up and assign a role
- Please be prepared to leave early or stay later depending on the number of applicants attending the fair
If you have any questions or concern please contact us via email at [email protected]
We look forward to seeing you then!
500 W Broadway
Anaheim, CA 92805
Google map and directions