Welcome potential volunteers! Several times a year OCCORD helps throw large legal workshops to help green card holders convert into citizens! You can be a part of that process too:
Our Citizenship fairs are separated into three types of volunteers: Non-Legal preparers, Legal volunteers, and general aid.
This RSVP is to become a Non-legal Preparer where you will be trained to help the citizenship applicant fill out their N-400 and potentially their Fee Waiver forms.
These volunteers need no legal or relative experience.
If you are a lawyer, legally accredited, or are a law student please use the Legal Volunteer RSVP page.
If you are not interested in being a preparer but still wish to contribute please use the General Aid RSVP page. This includes interpreters.
- 8:00 AM to 1:00 PM
- 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM
- If not already, to be trained beforehand.
- To guide the client through the basic questions on an N-400(citizenship application form) and/or a Fee Waiver.
- you will NOT be asking legal questions or giving legal advice.
- You will be equipped to explain the questions you are asking.
- You will have access to a lead at all times, you will never be unsupervised.
- Occasionally you will speak via an interpreter.
- Free Parking is available on campus
- Snack/Lunch will be provided
- Once signed up, please expect our Volunteer Coordinator to follow up and assign a role
- Please be prepared to leave early or stay later depending on the number of applicants attending the fair
If you have any questions or concern please contact us via email at [email protected]
We look forward to seeing you then!
500 W Broadway
Anaheim, CA 92805
Google map and directions