Welcome potential volunteers! Several times a year OCCORD helps throw large legal workshops to help green card holders convert into citizens! You can be a part of that process too:
Our Citizenship fairs are separated into three types of volunteers: Non-Legal preparers, Legal volunteers, and general aid.
This RSVP is to become a Legal Volunteer where you will be trained to help the citizenship applicant determine their eligibility and ask the clients the questions from the N-400(citizenship application form) that have to do with their eligibility and history.
These volunteers must be lawyers, legally accredited, or law students.
If you are not a lawyer, legally accredited, nor are a law student please use the Non-Legal Volunteer RSVP page.
If you are not interested in being a Legal volunteer, nor a preparer but still wish to contribute please use the General Aid RSVP page. This includes interpreters.
- 8:00 AM to 1:00 PM
- 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM
- If not already, to be trained beforehand.
- Informed on red flags during the questioning of the applicant. You are not expected to give legal advice, refer to your lead in the event of a red flag.
- Once again you are not expected to give legal advice, you will be informed on a process.
- To quality check the work of the non-legal volunteers.
- You will have access to a lead at all times, you will never be unsupervised.
- Occasionally you will speak via an interpreter.
- Free Parking is available on campus
- Snack/Lunch will be provided
- Once signed up, please expect our Volunteer Coordinator to follow up and assign a role
- Please be prepared to leave early or stay later depending on the number of applicants attending the fair
If you have any questions or concern please contact us via email at [email protected]
We look forward to seeing you then!
320 E Orangewood Ave
Anaheim, CA 92802
Google map and directions