IMMEDIATE JOB OPENING - ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR
Full-Time, Exempt, Salaried
OCCORD is seeking a candidate with extraordinary judgment, well-honed people skills, and passion for social justice work to join our team as an Associate Director. The Associate Director will have proven management experience and subversive love to serve the most vulnerable. The Associate Director will advance the mission of a locally-driven non-profit already recognized for making a strong impact in the Orange County.
The Associate Director will manage OCCORD’s operational functions and its mission of community organizing, civic education and policy advocacy. The Associate Director should be self-driven with excellent managerial and communication (spoken & written) skills, ability to multi-task and be able to strategically broaden and deepen the organization’s work in Orange County. This position reports to the Executive Director, oversees staff, interns, and volunteers.
The Associate Director occupies a critical leadership position in the organization. Working closely with and reporting to the Executive Director, the Associate Director provides organizational leadership and oversees the overall administrative management of the organization, including implementation of strategic objectives and organizational initiatives. The Associate Director works collaboratively and supervise the dynamic staff and help them grow in their respective areas of work. The Associate Director encourages and models’ interdepartmental communication and actively identifies and increases efficiencies within the organization’s workflow on a continual basis. This position also motivates staff, provides and models effective project management skills, and represents the organization to internal and external audiences and partners.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise all administrative areas to assure effectiveness and efficiencies
- Supervise performance management activities for all staff
- Help staff develop work plans and assist them to realize them
- Supervise all programs and campaigns and ensure its full success
- Develop organizational goals in coordination with the Executive Director and implement them effectively
- Manage and implement the communications and media strategy to enhance the organization’s presence in the social and economic justice community through print and the digital platforms
- Oversee the website and social media content and publicity function
- Offer vision and leadership for the organization’s technology initiatives as they relate to administrative management and communications
- Oversee grant obligations, such as deliverables, reporting and renewals
- Identify new funders for the Executive Director
- Represent Executive Director on an as needed basis
- Perform additional duties as assigned; duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent in education and experience; Master’s degree preferred
- Five years of executive management experience in a non-profit organization
- Proven management and supervisory, including techniques of planning and delegating work
- Strong leadership, decision making, interpersonal, planning, and organizational skills; solid presentation, negotiation, problem-solving, conflict resolution, and meeting management skills
- Comfortable and up-to-date on the use of technology
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion as key strategies toward broad-based institutional excellence, representing a range of perspectives, thought, and actions
- Proven record as a forward-thinking leader with a strong network of colleagues and an established interest in social justice work
- Demonstrated experience with budget development, analysis, and management
- Proven experience in marketing, communications, and digital initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to plan and operate strategically, work effectively with a diverse team
- Proven ability to forge mutually respectful, trusting, and effective relationships with a diverse group of staff, community leaders, and decision makers
- Demonstrated success managing people and operations with a proven ability to attract, motivate, professionalize, mentor, and retain talented staff; a track record as a team builder who can delegate and empower while creating a positive and effective work environment
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Strong negotiation and collaboration skills
- Unflappable in the face of multiple challenges; pragmatic, grounded, authoritative, decisive and disciplined; mentally flexible and creative as circumstances demand
- Ability to maintain balance and perspective, and a proactive “can do” attitude that can motivate others
- Willing to work long hours and weekends
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
COMPENSATION: Salary will commensurate with qualifications and experience including a comprehensive package with excellent benefits.
TO APPLY: Send your resume + a 1000-word piece on why social justice is important to you + 3 references. Send your resume to email@example.com. OCCORD is an equal opportunity employer.