OCCORD is looking for a full-time Community Organizer with passion for workers & immigrant rights, economic & social justice. An ideal candidate should have a good grasp of community organizing and issues related to working-class people. The Organizer will implement organizing campaigns & developing neighborhood unions and training leaders. S/he/they should be a fast learner and self-driven and enjoys working in a team setting while training people to become community leaders. Salary commensurate with qualifications including a generous package of benefits.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan and execute social justice campaigns to address concerns identified by community residents in Anaheim.
- Identify, recruit and train community members to function as effective leaders and address issues in their neighborhood and city
- Develop and mobilize organizing and campaign committees; cultivate relationships and work with community allies and partners.
- Coordinate campaign activities with other OCCORD and allied staff, including communications, campaign research, and legal strategies
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES: The individual must possess the following knowledge and skills and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of this job.
- Outstanding community organizing skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to motivate, lead & build strong working relationships.
- Must be able to cultivate respectful, strategic and collaborative relationships with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks under daily deadlines.
- Self-motivated, with demonstrated ability to work effectively in both independent and collaborative environments.
- Strong sense of professionalism and integrity.
- Ability to work with people from diverse cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Experience providing detailed regular reporting and tracking of progress. Familiarity with NationBuilder database is not required but preferred.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in written form.
- Fluency in Spanish is highly desired (read, write, and speak).
- Bachelor’s degree is not required but preferred. A minimum of 2 - 3 years of community organizing experience is essential.
- Must be technically proficient in using Google Docs, Microsoft Office 365, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other office software programs.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a car.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment involving flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Must be available and willing to travel as needed.
Send your resume to email@example.com. OCCORD is an equal opportunity employer.